AARP Services, Inc. ("ASI") a wholly-owned for-profit subsidiary of AARP contracts with one or more third parties to operate this website. In this policy, the terms "we", "our" and "us" refer to AARP Services and/or the operator(s) of this website on its behalf. The terms "you" and "your" refer to website visitors like yourself.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and want to make sure that you understand how your personal information is used. We also want you to be aware that you have choices about how we use this information.
What Information We Collect
When you register on this website, we ask for basic information such as your name, date of birth, email address, zip code and AARP membership number.
We also collect information on our website. We collect both information that identifies you as a particular individual ("personally identifiable information") and anonymous information that is not associated with a specific individual ("non-personally identifiable information"). When you visit our website, some information, may be collected automatically as part of the site's operation. We also collect information we receive from you during online registration and when you complete other forms
- Your browser type and language, and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- The times that you visit our website;
- Information about areas of our website you visited;
- The sites you visited immediately before and after visiting our website;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within our website;
- Unique identifiers when using a mobile device or other technological devices, including mobile or other device identification information;
- Information that can identify the physical location of your mobile device in accordance with applicable law and industry guidelines and best practices. We will seek your permission before we identify the physical location of your device and before we engage in any continuous tracking of your device’s location;
- Information collected through web based and other technologies, like cookies, web beacons or web bugs. For more information on these tools and your settings, click here;
- Information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request for assistance, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; Standard server log information and
- Other similar technical information.
Information you provide directly to ASI through our website. In order to access the products, services and content on the website, you will be required to provide information about yourself when you visit our website. This information may include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, and mobile number;
- Payment information;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, employment information, and zip code;
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests, your profile photo, personal updates and descriptive information that you provide, and the address of your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile, Twitter, Pinterest, or your website;
- Communications preferences, such as which emails and newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service;
- Correspondence you send to us;
- Information collected about you offline (including via fax, mail, or in person); and
- Other information that may help us to provide customized content or advertising.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices and third-party services), from third party vendors, those third parties who offer products and services, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through our website, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
We share your information with the companies who provide AARP member benefits. Providers of AARP member benefits pay a royalty fee to AARP for access to AARP members. Contracts with these companies permit them to use the information we provide only in relation to offering the contracted products and/or services to AARP and its members and obligate them to maintain the security and confidentiality of the information. AARP Services, on behalf of AARP, oversees the companies' compliance with these contractual requirements. Some of these companies also may collect data about AARP members through the companies’ interactions with AARP members. The companies may share some or all of this data with AARP and AARP Services. If you visit the Site, we may share information collected, including personally identifiable information, even if you are not an AARP member.
We also may share your information with AARP. In the normal course of business, AARP, in turn, may share your information with certain third parties for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to, (i) with other AARP affiliates (e.g., AARP Foundation) to provide you with information about programs and services that may be of interest for you; (ii) with vendors it uses to provide certain administrative services such as processing address labels, managing databases and sending mailings; (iii) with select nonprofit organizations through, for example, occasional "list exchanges"; (iv) with media, government agencies, advertisers and others, with whom AARP may share non-personally identifiable aggregate information; and (v) on the rare occasions when it is required to do so by law, or when necessary or appropriate to comply with legal process or to protect or defend AARP and its affiliates and its members.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
AARP Services, Inc. uses commercially reasonable physical, procedural, and technological security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to and improper use of the information we collect about you. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third parties are permitted to access personally-identifiable information, and they may do so only for lawful purposes. When we share aggregate data with third parties we prohibit them from re-engineering non-personal data to permit identification of individual users. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. However, No website or Internet network can be completely secure. Although we take steps to secure your information, we do not guarantee, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft. http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft
At ASI, we respect your choices. If you do not want your information shared as described in this policy, you may opt out of having your information shared. If you choose to do so, you also will be unsubscribed from this Site, as its function is to provide information regarding products and services offered by participating companies as benefits to AARP members and the information sharing is essential to providing the optimal user experience. After you have registered, should you decide that you no longer want your information shared (and no longer wish to be registered for the Site) to terminate your registration, stop receiving email from the Site and no longer have your information shared, you can click here or follow the unsubscribe instructions on the Site or at the bottom of any email you receive from the Site.
Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, you may continue to receive material from third parties who offer AARP member benefits, and/or other parties to whom AARP provided your information before your request to opt-out was processed. You may need to contact those third parties directly in order to opt out of receiving future communications. You also may opt out of receiving electronic communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the text of third-party emails you receive. Also note that the Site is operated by AARP Services independently of AARP.org. Accordingly, if you have registered for both the Site and AARP.org, you may not automatically be de-registered from both unless you follow the procedures for both sites.
To opt out from receiving information from AARP you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; call 1-888-687-2277 ; write to AARP Membership Center, 3200 E. Carson Street, Lakewood, CA 90712 or visit http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/aarp-privacy-policy-opt-out1/
Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
AARP Services, Inc. is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of our website may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using our website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
For More Information
For more information about us, Visit http://aarpmemberadvantages.com/about-us.html